Re: spongy pedal

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spongy pedal
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:41:34 +0100
I feel that because the rear wheel cylinder piston backs are in contact with
each other during bleeding, and because there is only a narrow chamfer
around the back of each piston, the 'cavity' so formed is no more likely to
retain an air bubble than the pipe.  Unlike a caliper which always has a
significant cavity behind the piston.

Several people have stated that, after using MityVac, EeziBleed, and pedal
pumping and still having spongy pedals, they now use gravity bleeding and
stand by the M/C with a can of brake fluid in one hand and a can of cold
beer in the other to much better effect.  As I have had similar problems on
both the roadster and the V8 in the past, and have to replace the clutch
hydraulics and the brake M/C on the V8 soon, I shall try the gravity/beer
method with interest.

Does anyone know which brand of beer is best?  Old Speckled Hen, perhaps?

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/