Re: spongy pedal

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spongy pedal
From: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:59:27 -0400
My experience is the air gets trapped in the master cylinder.  It must be
bench bled properly before installing in the car, though it is possible to
'bench bleed" it in the car.
You may also have a bad master cylinder.   I replaced mine this past spring
and the first one I put on was spongy no matter what I did.   The auto parts
replaced it and the new one bled easily and gave a nice firm pedal.