Re: MGA surge/overflow tank

To: Bill Edison <edison@matrix.newpaltz.edu>
Subject: Re: MGA surge/overflow tank
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:35:21 -0700
Bill,

     About a year ago I did this to my 52TD on the advise of Skip Kelsey.  Next
to the installation of the MGA 4.3 rear end gears, this has been the best
modification that I've made to the TD.  I installed an MGB overflow tank,
mounted onto the battery hold-down bracket.  You have to note that the TD does
not have a pressurized system, so the cap on the overflow tank is not tightened
down.  The tank is plumbed in by a piece of tubing connected to the overflow
pipe.  This is where coolant would normally be lost (all over the fenders after
coming through the bonnet sides).  Since this installation I have lost zero
coolant, including a recent July 4th parade that showed 100C+ on the temperature
gauge.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB