Re: MGA surge/overflow tank

To: edison@matrix.newpaltz.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA surge/overflow tank
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 01:25:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/99 10:28:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
edison@matrix.newpaltz.edu writes:

>  Has anyone set up a radiator surge and/or overflow tank for their
>  cooling system?
Yeah I put what I consider to be a really slick system on my B.
I got an overflow tank from a 73 Volvo 140 with bracket, a flat cap from an
Austin America(?) and some hose and rivets.
The thing that is special about the Volvo tank is that it is designed to have
the pressure cap installed on it. (tank is very heavy plastic and designed
for 15Lbs + pressure)
The tank is round about 4" in diameter and about 15"inches high.  I mounted
its bracket next to my rad on the core support with a couple of pop rivets.
Flat cap (rubber gasket no pressure relief) goes on the rad and transfers all
pressure down overflow hose to coolant bottle.  The best part is the tank is
semi clear and coolant level can be seen without removing cap.
I would go check a pull yourself junk yard for the Volvo pieces if this is of
interest, no clue where to get a flat cap now.
Rick