Valve Springs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Springs
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:05:30 +1000
Interesting... Was just speaking to Hans Pedersen ordering a new Bosch dizzy
for my MGA. I asked him why he thought I couldn't rev her past 5500rpm
before she got really thrashy and refused to climb higher.

According to him Valve springs as fitted to our cars are only really rated
for a max. of 60,000mls of use, and that doesn't take into account the
constant tension the springs are under while just sitting in the car, which
makes them slack over time.

My A has done around 110,000mls. Maybe that explains it Barney - why you can
rev to the redline and I can't - ? :) Comments people?

Cheers,
Neil.