Fw: Steering Wheel Lock Failure

To: "'MG NUTS'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Steering Wheel Lock Failure
From: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:10:59 -0400
There is a little dog that rises when you turn the key off that slips into
an notch on the steering shaft.  Dirt, rust etc accumulates around the dog
and it does not drop back down under the normal forces of gravity.  If you
take the steering wheel shroud off you should be able to get some PB Blaster
in around the dog to free it up.

While brute force can shear the dog off, it may also jam it.