Re: Changing Rear End Ratio in a TD

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Changing Rear End Ratio in a TD
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 23:07:31
At 06:07 PM 8/9/99 EDT, BobMGT@aol.com wrote:
>.... finely decided to take the plunge and change the rear end ratio. ....
Are the ring and pinion gears the only two parts I'll need from the MGA?

Yes, I think, but never personally having done it, I'd say get another
opinion.

>My mechanic claims the MGA parts car has a ratio of 4.5, but I only see
4.3 and 4.1 in the literature. Is he mistaken?

Maybe?  The 4.55 ratio was a performance option for the MGA, available on a
new car at the time, but statistacally not very common.  So could be, or
maybe not.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (and std 4.3 rear end)
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg