Re: Changing Rear End Ratio in a TD

To: JVK52TD@aol.com
Subject: Re: Changing Rear End Ratio in a TD
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:55:10 EDT
John,
  The 4.3 gears on 165x15 radial tires will cause the engine to rev 3497
at 60 mph.
                                  5.50      original Dunlops
                           3247
                                  5.60      repro Firestones
                           3317
  I think your tach is reading high.  Even with the 165x15 radials, the
4.3 should be slowing the engine to 3750 rpm at 64.35 mph. Allowing 5%
for differences in rolling circumference, 5000 is still way too high.

Bob