Re: Coil Question

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>,
Subject: Re: Coil Question
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:48:05 -0700
Peter......

Do I understand you correctly? Are you saying ALL coils either have a
ballast resistor in them or use an external ballast resistor?

That would be the first time I've heard that and, I'll admit, I'm somewhat
skeptical. I've always understood a 12 volt non-ballasted coil takes 12
volts to make a spark. A ballasted coil requires only 8 volts. Are you
saying all 12 volt coils have an internal ballast that reduces their current
requirements?

Mr. Cederstrand, if you are reading this, would you care to comment?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center