Re: My Early BGT

To: "RL Chrysler" <lchrysl@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My Early BGT
From: "Dean Crowley" <dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:23:47 -0500
It looks like it was maybe preassigned a number in 1965 probably build in 65
but the number shows up as a 66 because it was preassigned a number. Batches
of numbers were allocated to alternately to roadsters and GT models. The car
number sequence in not exactly identical with the build sequence because
there were sometimes up to four assembly lines running at once. Page 118 of
Original MGB by Anders Ditlev Clausager..