RE: Hazard Switch and Turn Signal Fix? - 73 MGB

To: "'Dan Ray'" <danray@bluegrass.net>, MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hazard Switch and Turn Signal Fix? - 73 MGB
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:15:47 +0200
Hi Dan,

Had this as well.
I have the impression the actual switch is not the blame, but there are
several causes - I have not finished this by now.
What I did is:
replace all bullet connector receptacles
clean all bullet connectors
clean all contacts on the hazard switch
temporarely replace the flasher unit
clean contacts at the lamp units

Sofar it helped, but it can be better:
clean all ground contacts (this is a job I'm going to do for all ground
contacts anyway!)
clean +12V feeding cable contacts

I expect good results from this.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT
expecting to fire up this weekend after 8+ years....