Re: Hazard Switch and Turn Signal Fix? - 73 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hazard Switch and Turn Signal Fix? - 73 MGB
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:51:13 EDT
My experience with my 72B hazard switch is that it is an electrical hub for
all of the flashing lights, and a dirty contact can screw up the whole works.
 I "fixed" mine by spraying it with an electrics cleaning spray, letting it
soak into the innards, and then  rocking the sucker back and forth--a lot.
This is, of course, after popping the switch out and cleaning all of the many
connections.  The cleaning helped, but the rocking eventually did the trick.
If the switch for the 73 is the same as the 72, it is somewhere around $60 to
replace via Moss.  Cheaper to rock.

J Donoghue

72B
66 Mustang