Su HIF4s

Subject: Su HIF4s
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 20:09:47 -0500
I finally bit the bullet and got a set of used SU
HIF4 carbs to replace my aging Zenith Stromberg.
I recently drove an air conditioned 80 B with a
Weber DGV.  The DGV left me unconvined; the A/C
worked really great.  So I decided the SUs were
for me.  Actually, the Weber car (with A/C off)
seemed slower than my higher compression,
desmogged 175CD.  So now my interior is out,
getting insulated, and bits to restore my dealer
installed A/C are on the way.

I need to know the orientation: manifold, gaskets,
heat shield, little 1"+ spacers, carbs... etc.  I
don't know what goes where.  Also, what's the best
way to have both air filters and a brake booster
(it's a 76)?

I look forward to having a more powerful B with
A/C.  Just gotta get past the initial setup.  So
if anyone can help me with the orientation of all
the parts, it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu