Re: Driver's side motor mount

To: mmgro@renc.igs.net
Subject: Re: Driver's side motor mount
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 19:45:23 -0400 (EDT)
It's a bear but this is how I did it. Put grease on the washer to hold it
in place then lift the engine to take the weight off the mount and hold
the nut as best you can and turn the mount, not the nut. Once started you
need a thin short wrench. Either grind down a wrench or but a tappet
wrench and cut it short, but not so short that you can't use it. I'll
measure mine if you need it. Then stick the thin wrench between the column
and bracket and turn until it won't turn any more. At that point try to
pound it a little tighter.
...Art