Re: Honda Roadster

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Honda Roadster
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:06:43 +1000
Eric,

> OK, seeing as we have done a little look at some other roadsters around
> the place, check out the new Honda S2000

I've seen two of these in Sydney already. I didn't even know they were on
sale yet. I hate to say this, but these are kick ass looking cars! Much
better looking than a MX5 (Miata) or (oh god) the MGF.. :( They look a lot
better in the flesh than in pictures too and the quality of the paint job is
awesome..

A bit of competition for the Elise I think. Well not really, I doubt Honda
buyers are Lotus buyers etc. I certainly wouldn't spend my imaginary $65G on
a Honda over a Lotus, but then I am rather biased. I think these will be
super popular.. I hope this doesn't impact MGF sales too badly and affect
the market for a new MG.. Arrghhh. I've also driven a few VTEC cars, and
they suck below 5500rpm. I doubt this would be any different, I think you
have the rev the cr*p out of it to get it to go, and that may put people
off, it's painful to drive like that all the time, and to have no power
below 5500 makes a car a bit undriveable day to day don'tcha think? :)

Cheers,
Neil