Re: Spam on the list

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spam on the list
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:57:03 +0000
Calvin Krug wrote:

> Oops, looks like one slipped through today.  Another one of those get
> rich quick pyramid schemes.  I could just ignore it, but that's not my
> style.

I call in the cops.... the SPAM cops!

My favourite tool takes all the work out of tracking down where the SPAM
came from AND writes you a nice and authoritative letter to send to
their ISP/mail host etc.

Check out http://spamcop.net - just forward or cut & paste the SPAM into
their online form and they do all the work!

It is always fun when you get a note from the systems administrator
thanking you for your assistance and telling you they have just shut
down this account!  A tiny bit of satisfaction.

Eric
'68MGB MkII