Re: MA to DC w/B on Monday

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MA to DC w/B on Monday
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:40:20 -0700
Hi folks,

     Had a great trip, 1160 miles.  Car ran fine.  The newly installed rings
made
quite a difference in oil consumption.  Finally got down to the Min mark 1780
miles
after changing the oil and filter, as compared with a quart every 200 miles.
Drove
from Plymouth MA to Gaithersburg MD on Monday with the top down all the way.
Left
here at 6am and got there at 4pm, 504 enjoyable miles.  Left there yesterday
morning at 6am under clear skies and chased Floyd's tailwinds all the way back
Mass.  Discretion got the better part of valor when I crossed into Rhode Island.
The skies were ugly enough for me to put the top up for the last 100 miles or
so.

Thanks to all of you who gave suggestions for routing.  I used the Tappan Zee
Bridge/Garden State Parkway to the NJ Pike.  Got off at Exit 7 and took I295
down
to the Del. Mem. Bridge (saves $2).  Problem is that the designer of the roadway
knew the resonant frequency of the B's suspension and installed the expansion
joints to match it.  Almost got seasick.  Stuck with the 'pike on the way back.
Took Rte. 13 down to 301 and thru Annapolis to DC.  Love that countryside down
there.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB