Re: Aftermarket MG steering wheels

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket MG steering wheels
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:41:11 -0700
A friend of mine of similar build just went through this process with his
69 B. He eventually found a used aftermarket 14" wheel from a dismantler
for $40 or so. It has a black leather rim and black painted, drilled
spokes, similar to a 77 wheel, and was in good condition except for a few
paint chips. You could try British Motorsports in Campbell CA
(408-370-7174), or your local wrecker.

Alternatively,  I once ordered a Le Carra wheel for a friend's Midget.
The factory banjo wheel was broken, and had always been a tight fit, so
we went down an inch in diameter and got a wood rim wheel with drilled
spokes. I think it was more like $175 than $250 (although this was 6-8
years ago). The company still advertises in the back of Road & Track.
Quality-wise, I didn't see any difference between it and the pictures of
the MotoLita.

John A. Walker had this to say:

--

Max Heim