Re: Birth Date (was Which Grille)

To: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Birth Date (was Which Grille)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:09:37 +0100
The 'commision' number was usually of the form 'G.23 N. nnnnnn F.' on a
red-bordered plate.  The number you quote is more like a car/chassis/VIN
(black-bordered), but has too many digits.  Roadsters built in the 72/73 era
had numbers ranging from 268645 to 328101.

You can get a Heritage Certificate specifying actual build date (amongst
other things) via http://mossmotors.com/heritagemotorcentre/htc.html

PaulH.
MG Cars Webring MG Site of the Month - September '99
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)