Re: Rear tube shocks

To: "Dan Pockrus" <dpockrus@efficient.com>, "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear tube shocks
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:52:11 -0500
Dan:
I used "regular" shocks. Gabriel "Red Riders" (or something...they're RED)
to be exact. They weren't too stiff and they improved handling probably as
much as some new levers would have, with a tad less give. I'm happy with
them. My intent was to get the improvement in tube shock tech and up the
stiffness just slightly without the rough ride and I think I achieved it
with these inexpensive shocks. They aren't adjustable, but I'm happy. Just
enough stiff to improve handling and maintain a "touring" feel on the road.
YMMV.
Gotta check torque (make sure snug) after a few miles on a twisty road.

Dan
73 B