Sill repair

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sill repair
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:46:01 -0600 (MDT)
Does anyone have any experience with the Victoria British sill repair
parts.  I am doing inner and outer rockers and lower and inner sills
(basically this is everything outbound from the floor pan)  Welded the new
lower sills in by aligning them with the floor pan and they are level and
properly placed but when the inner sill is placed on it is about an inch
too tall (it should align with the bottom of the door)  Because this is
too tall the inner rocker will not fit over the lower and inner sills as
it should.  As far as I can tell everything is done correctly on the
install of the lower sill but the inner is just too tall.  Does anyone
have any thoughts?  BTW this is being done to my '74 BGT and I measured
top and bottom door gaps before starting and they haven't changed at all
(read as car has not sagged).  Help!

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT bastardization with big aluminum heart :)
'63 Buick 215 cubic inch 'heart'