Hanging or Inverted or..

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hanging or Inverted or..
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:02:14 +1000
Hi all,

When I get my senses back, and I finish with the A for the summer, I'll be
back building this GT of mine into some semblance of a Vintage Race car. A
lot of talk has been going on re: Oil filter, Oil temps etc etc on here and
on the Healey list.

My 70 BGT has an Inverted (upright) type filter. I've heard these are the
worst of the lot as they take ages to fill which I assuming could be
potentially damaging... As I'm going to be racing this thing, I'll be doing
lots of filter changes. I am thinking the best bet for me would be to
replace the Inverted filter type with a hanging, spin on filter, maybe
remotely mounted on the inner wing of the car instead of directly on the
block. I also have an oil cooler to consider here.

Any suggestions? :)

Cheers,
Neil.