MGB rear springs

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB rear springs
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:17:53 -0600
I know this has been beat to death before, what can I say?  I used to sleep
through some of my classes too.

I'd be interested in comments from the group regarding rear springs.  I am
interested in these for my 1967 MGB vintage race car, (roadster).  It is my
understanding that the lower the better, but stiffer isn't necessarily
better.  Apparently the front suspension needs to be stiff, the rear a bit
softer.  Moss shows 5 different springs in the "Accessories" section of
their catalog.  Any suggestions?

Second item.  Can someone explain the difference in the following bushings;
rubber, polyurethane, Nitrile, Delrin, Nyatron.  Which is harder, are some
brittle?

Thanks.

Larry Hoy
http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/