Oil Capacity of a 69 MGB Engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net, H.Duinhoven@simac.nl
Subject: Oil Capacity of a 69 MGB Engine
From: FlynShoot@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:19:20 EDT
Ok, I wrote yesterday describing a problem I was having w/oil pressure.
Today, I drained the oil and replaced it w/ 20W50. I used 5 qts, pulled the
dipstick and it was dry. I put in another quart and the level came up to the
tip of the dipstick. This is very strange since my previous engine only took
4.5 qts. I expected this new engine to take a little more due to the new oil
cooler, but more than 1 quart seems a bit high.

Any clues? Could this also be the source of my pressure problem as detailed
below? (BTW, the engine builder ok'd my driving of the fresh engine at the
sppeds listed below. He said that as long as I didn't get near redline, it
was ok to drive at high speed as long as I varied my speed which I did).

Thanx.

DC Smith

Way too late after an interesting drive home Wednesday 21 September, I wrote:

<>