Re: Aussies: LHD Cars

To: Steve Conley <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Aussies: LHD Cars
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:40:06 -0500
Steve Conley wrote:

> Just curious...does anyone know what the situation in the US is as far as
> RHD? (Besides the mail trucks!)

My first car, in 1956, was a 1949 MG TC with RHD & nobody said a word
about it. I drove my Cooper S from 1996 through fall of 1998, when it
was wrecked, and it's RHD; again, not a word from anybody. I tend to
think there's no regulation regarding RHD/LHD in the US. I know
California used to have a law that nobody could sit to the left of the
driver in a LHD car, because some older trucks from Mexico had the
driver in the middle and passenger seats on both sides of him.

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/