Re: MG's on The Rocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG's on The Rocks
From: SpuriousV8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 10:47:45 EDT
Yes,, What a wonderful day at the Rocks !!!
         The show was great, just like it always is. The Rocks is one of the
best shows of the year, any year. And the Roast Beef Sandwiches,,, mmmmmmm
nothing like a pit barbecue loaded down with so many slabs of beef. Oh, yeah,
I almost forgot, this was a car show,,, Getting hungry thinking of the
sandwiches. The Draft Bass Ale was sorely missed by many, but this is a sign
of the times I guess.
        The MG's of Baltimore always out do themselves, The way they award
the Plaques is the best ever. Everyone who stays long enough to see this
happen can enjoy it somewhat with the owner of the winning car. For those of
you who don't know about this procedure, Every one on the field walks around
with the presentors to the winning Car, Awards are given out at the car on
the show field with Photo's being taken for use on web pages and I presume
the club newsletter. It is so nice to be able to see what car wins, instead
of looking in the field to see where people walk in from when thier names are
called.
        As you can tell from this letter, I did not win any awards myself, no
matter how many votes I tries to beg for.(I have never won an award ever -
hint,, hint -, I think this will be my life as my cars are always Spurious)
But I did get to see some people I know win. Way to Go David ! I know you
worked so hard on making your car look so damn good. Gene's car was
exceptional as always, The MGA from Brooklyn was very nice, where do they
keep a car like that there, and not have the wheels stolen off it? Mike's GT,
is always an award winner (must be the red paint). That Black TD from Florida
was a breath of fresh air over in the stuffy side of the field. I am biased
here as I know the owner, And have driven the TD as well.
            The Drive down and back from Monmouty County NJ was uneventful,
which is how I like it. The back roads into the Rocks are great MG roads. And
the show field is such a nice setting. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I
did.
Safety Faster
Jim Brucato
1980 MGBV8 ,,,,,, going to Doylestown and Delaware next weekend
1964 MGB,,,,,,,,,,,,,rusting away , dreaming of new metal