Re: HELP ! Cllutch master cylinder weep has removed my paint !

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>,
Subject: Re: HELP ! Cllutch master cylinder weep has removed my paint !
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:40:54 -0700
No, weeping is not normal, and, as you have noticed, it's a great bloody
mess.

What are you using for fluid? Sounds like an incompatible fluid has
melted the internal seals. You should be using Castrol GT LMA brand brake
fluid (IMHO).

The free play you describe may be a contributing factor in distributing
the mess but is not likely to be the causative factor.

When my brake cylinder blew, I cleaned up with rags and let the remnant
evaporate. If you plan to repaint immediately, you may need some kind of
cleaner or solvent. Can't recommend one myself, sorry.

Louis Mehr (EML) had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149