Re: Air filters

To: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air filters
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:16:06 -0400
I've been running the K&N 3" deep round filters...but I use the stock
air filter ram stack back plates. I am running the 2" big bore Peco Header
and free flow exhaust system. .I also replaced the biased needle pistons
in my brand new set of AUD405 HS4's with fixed  needle pistons so I could run
the
'AAA' needles to get my cruising speed range mixture into proper balance with
the rest
of the needle range. I also am running the 4.5 oz  red springs in the carbs.
I usually get around 26 mpg in mixed highway daily runnning around driving.

pics and more info at
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/obs_engine_compartment.htm

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
Rat - 1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
Punkin' - 1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com