Re: MGB sudden loss of power

To: mkris@sprynet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB sudden loss of power
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:36:33 EDT
In a message dated 9/28/99 10:05:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mkris@sprynet.com writes:

<< Hey, MG list members:
 Suddenly last evening I lost power on my 1977 MGB. Now it sputters and
kicks.
 Any ideas to check? >>

There are loads of things that can cause those symptoms.  Try to be as
specific as you can.  Explain what was going on when it happened.  Driving
along and all of a sudden... Stopped the engine, let it sit for a few
minutes, then restarted and sputters... Was running fine yesterday, then when
started cold it ran like sh...

My quick guess is electrical, like points shorting or the wire pulled out of
the coil and isn't making good contact.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport