Re: Thanks :)

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks :)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:58:35
At 05:03 PM 9/29/99 +1000, Neil Cotty wrote:
>.... on the work I've been doing on the MGA. .... refilled the diff, what
a job no space in there, did it with a small plastic syringe. Arggh, ....
Is there a better way ....

Yes indeed!  I use a manual oil gun, looks like a large hand pump grease
gun but without the pump handle, works like a giant syringe with a flex
hose on the end, takes about two thirds quart of oil in one stroke.  This
works great for the differential, also for the gearbox with the side filler
plug, and also very nice for the gearbox with the dipstick and top fill
accessed through a plug in the tunnel via the pasenger compartment.  Should
be about half the price of a standard grease gun, find at your favorite
local auto parts store.

>.... and a special thanks to Barney who once again came to the rescue on a
number of occasions!

Aw, pshaw.  Twarn't nuttin, just a hobby y'know.  Keep up the good work and
get that MGA back on the road.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg