back on after Floyd

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: back on after Floyd
From: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:28:25 -0400
Hello all,
 Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, pets, B, and myself made it
through Floyd. We got power and water back this weekend, although the water is
still not safe to drink. The Tar river crested at 29.73 feet here in
Greenville, NC (flood stage is 13'). We feel somewhat lucky since one town west
of us, about 20 miles up river, peaked at about 43'. The river is at about 22
feet today, and holding. We have had some flash floods from recient rain (about
8" in the past few days).

Some of the roads in Eastern Carolina are still washed out, so if anyone plans
on heading down this way, expect delays.

On a somewhat on topic note. My wife and I left for Atlanta when the roads
opened up last tuesday, to do some research. Had to take the Jeep, since we
were taking the pets (2 dogs, 5 cats, and a Ferret, not advisable for 7.5
hours) However I saw a burgundy B racer being trailered on I-20 Eastbound
between Agusta, Ga and Columbia, SC on our trip home Sunday night. I think it
had a yellow #27 on the side. Anyone on the list know who that was?

I have noticed water trailing down the steering colum when it rains (top up :)
With a good hard rain I get about 1 cup of water on the drivers side floor, and
about 1/2 cup on the pasengers side (pasengers side still has the under dash
lining)  I recently purchased a vent cover, but the problem persists. Could it
be the weather sealing aroung the windshield?

Erich   -80 B primary vehicle.