Speaking of repair costs...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speaking of repair costs...
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:38:38 +0000
I took my baby for its first real try-out drive today to see what I may
have damaged during my racing last weekend.  It felt fine on the drive
home, but, as I was pretty stiff and sore the next day, I thought I
would see how the little yellow beast felt after a decent cooldown
period.

Hmmmm... I have the six hour relay race in a few weeks but I am worried.

* I didn't really mention it in my previous mail about the weekend, but
I broke at least one spoke and loosened a few more - I didn't want to
give the doomsayers the joy of an "I told you so":-).  These will be
fixed when I change over to my 'new' wires bought last week.

* The shock absorbers now feel a tad suspect.  She is doing a bit of
'bump steering' that I had not noticed previously and she seems to be
riding the bumps more harshly.  It could be because I am concentrating
on any bad points more closely right now.

* Finally... I reversed out of a shopping centre car park hear a nasty
noise from... back there!  No noise going forward, but it sounds like a
grinding diff to me, in reverse.  I was doing a lot of wheelspinning
(bad driving - gotta learn to back off when I lose traction) around a
couple of tight corners and I wonder if I have injured something?

Frankly, my bank manager is going to have a fit if I spend much more on
this beast before the end of the year.  I have gone well over budget but
this stuff is very drug-like in how hooked I have become on it.

Oh well... I guess I needed a limited slip diff anyway... <sigh>.  Off
to the doctor it goes.

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS If I mention my doctor's name - "MG Sales and Service" at Ridleyton,
South Australia, I wonder if they will allow me time to pay the bill?
Probably not :-)