Re: ARGH those Suburbans

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: ARGH those Suburbans
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:38:55 -0500
I'm a committed truck owner, but not ready to accept confinement yet.  Have
owned
and used a truck for 20+ years.  Currently own Ford diesel dually and SWMBO
drives a Mercury Mountaineer.  Have owned all of'em, mini pickup, van, fullsized
pickup, and can't imagine being without.  PU is the ultimate dual purpose
machine, hauls anything.  My current PU has dragged home many cars, many iron
lumps to go with them, pulled a 40' Featherlite at competitive speeds over long
tows, pallets of sod, lumber, insulation, kids and stuff.  Wife's  ride is about
perfect here in Louisiana where water is normally knee deep and often up to my
posterior.  Hauls us, the kid, sports equipment, groceries, plants, stuff, and
is
still mobile when the minivans are full of H2O. And contrary to popular opinion
its OHC 6 is quick and gets 20 mpg up the highway.   The only wheeled machine
that is more purely functional than a supercab pickup is a tractor.  Yeh, I've
got one of them too. My never to be humble opinion.  John