Re: Windshield rubber

To: djc@appsig.com
Subject: Re: Windshield rubber
From: michael j robson <miker15@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:30:47 -0400

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:38:47 -0700 "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com> writes:
> Trying to get this thing winterized..  It's gona be the rainy season
> here in Cilifornia soon.  I bought new rubber for the windshield and
> last night I pulled off all the old rubber.  How do you get the
> seals
> installed?  It looks quite difficult to get it in the channels..  Do
> you
> use soapy water?  Silicon spray?  Work it in with a screwdriver?
> After I
> red the thred about wipers I took mine all apart.  The greese was
> all
> congeled and hard.  I'v cleaned it all off, now what do I put it
> back to
> gether with..  I was going to use white greese.  Thanx for any
> help..
>
> Dennis
> 67 MGB
> 98 Mercury Mountianeer 5.0 V8 That I 4 wheel all the time in..

Soapy water is just fine - and lots of it -
Use Porters book if you have it - or a Moss catalogue if you dont -
both have tips on how to do what is one of the VERY WORST jobs
we all encounter -
If you cant do it, go and see Lawrie!!!! -
DON"T LEAVE IT UNTIL NEXT YEAR or else we will all have another
parts car lying around

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT