Re: Decent heat (?)

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>, mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Decent heat (?)
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:56:25 -0400
It is common for the heater core of an MGB to become plugged with a whitish
chalky deposit that will severely restrict delivery of heat to the passenger
compartment. It is not hard to remove the core and back flush it with a strong
flow of water from a garden hose. In fact, you can back flush without removing
the core from the box. There are even treatments you can buy to help loosen the
crud from the whole cooling system. I recommend that too. A typical B with
properly functioning cooling system can burn the hair off your toes. I know
numerous MGB's that are driven all year long and make abundant heat in the
winter... more than enough for NH.

Jim