Re: Decent heat (?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Decent heat (?)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:03:36 -0600
The radiator can be partially blocked. I used to communte 52 miles one way
in Northern Wyoming with my 71BGT in temperatures as low as twenty below. I
had to experiment to get the right blockage  by covering one side of the
radiator with cardboard (covered a little over a third of it). That kept my
coolant temp up. Then I searched and blocked all the holes under the dash
where cold air came through. That gave me a moderately warm drive.

Blocking part of the radiator with card board is actually fairly common
here in Montana, even on some of these SUVs.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT