Idle speed and timing

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Idle speed and timing
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:13:17 -0700
The Haynes manual says that for my 1967 B the timing should be set to 14
degrees advanced at 600 RPM with the vacuum advance disconnected.

Does anybody else have a problem getting their car to even keep running at that
low an idle speed?  I need my B to idle at least 1000 RPM to get any sort of
smooth running out of the engine, and really 1500 is better.

Can somebody please give me a guideline on the proper advance for timing at a
higher RPM ¯ or does the idle speed even matter?

Thanks, as always I appreciate the time the experienced listers take to educate
the rest of us.

Tony Woodruff
dryfly@geocities.com

67 MGB Roadster