Re: Idle speed and timing

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Idle speed and timing
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:40:29 -0700
Well, you know, I wouldn't expect a smooth, low speed idle with those
kind of modifications, either. Most of the performance cams that I've
seen come with some kind of disclaimer about rough idle.

But that raises the question, why would you try to mitigate the idle with
carb mods? If you got the cam for top end performance (as most of them
are designed), it seems self-defeating to cripple it at the carbs by
setting them up for low speed performance. Or am I missing something?

Max (stock and liking it)
(...but my Barracuda has a HO 4.5L with a fat cam, so we can go either
way)

Thames800@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim