MGB Clutch Update

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Clutch Update
From: Ryan Watson <rswatson@nyx.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:42:27 -0600 (MDT)
Hi all!

Using Jim's "drive without the clutch" instructions, I was able to get the
car to my sisters house (only had to stop once!) I then got under it to
check the piston travel as Paul suggested (about 3/8 inch,BTW) and also
discovered that if I removed the little rubber boot, chunks of release
bearing fell all over me!
So it sounds like everyone was right: hydraulic cylinder trouble, bad
(very!) release bearing, and some thing broken and rattling around in the
bellhousing! Thanks to those who email approximate costs for repair, I
have gotten what sounds like a reasonable estimate at a local shop.

Cheers,
Ryan