Re: Vibes

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vibes
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:05:49 -0700
I have noticed this phenomenon as well -- just around 60mph the rear view
mirror vibrates so rapidly that the image becomes a blur. This *may* be
just the intrinsic resonant vibration of a non-balance-shaft-equipped
4-banger. A four cylinder inline engine is not naturally balanced for
second order vibration (I read this somewhere -- you need a 6 or a V12.
See, Jaguars *do* make sense, after all).

Well, it sounds scientific.

Eric had this to say:

--

Max Heim