Re: New Gal on the block :)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Gal on the block :)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:22:23 EST
In a message dated 11/4/99 10:07:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
t_rak@hotmail.com writes:

<< What is up with my spedo needle? It will sometimes bob from 40 to
 60 with a vengence :) I have no idea how fast I am going. Mine is a 4 cyl so
 I am not in much danger of a ticket...but it would be kinda nice to know how
 fast I am going. >>

If it bobs between 40 and 60, you are going about 50.  <BG>  Actually, this
is a fairly common problem that has a few causes.  You can try tightening the
cable on the back of the speedo, it might just be loose.  You may want to
remove it from the gauge and squirt some speedo cable lube (available
wherever auto parts are sold) down the cable.  It could also be that the
square drive on the end of the cable is worn.  Take a look at it when you
take it off.  Lastly, if all that doesn't work, the gauge itself may need
cleaning and lubrication.  A job best left to a gauge rebuilder.

Other than being a nuisance, it is really only annoying!  And don't kid
yourself, a B can easily exceed the speed limit, while also exceeding the fun
limit!

Welcome to the list!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward