RE: New Gal on the block :)

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: RE: New Gal on the block :)
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 17:45:44 -0500
In my 76 B and I assume all cars that came equipped with a catalyptic
converter there is a a warning light that comes on after some number miles
~45,000 for one to have the converter checked.  I forgot the message that
is displayed, but I remember Check engine light coming on in other cars.
It was supposed to stay on until a tchnician reset it.  The box is mounted
right in front of the heater box and has two connections for the
speedometer cable to be attached one goes to the transmission and the other
to the speedometer.

Mine was going south and creating horendous noises and causing the wagging
of the speedometer (the wags occured at the same time as the scheeches).  I
took it apart and greased the fitting which connected the two cables and
everything worked as it was supposed to thereafter.

Bob Reisse
76 MGB
NAMGBR 8-3559
69 MGC-GT