Re: Not entirely off subject... but close.

To: "mgs List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Not entirely off subject... but close.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:52:58 -0800
I archive relevant mail to a database. This is amazingly simple on my Mac
using Claris Emailer and Filemaker Pro. Emailer displays Applescripts
(mini-applications you can write yourself -- not being a script hacker I
downloaded mine from the web) in their own menu. Filemaker is also
scriptable. One of the scripts I acquired is called "Transfer to
Archive". I just select the messages I want to save in Emailer, and
choose "Transfer to Archive" from the Applescript menu. That's all -- it
automatically transfers the chosen messages to my database (called Mail
Archive), which I can search by Folder, Subject, Date, From, To, and
Content.

I actually archive (almost) all of my mail this way, but if you just set
up a specific database for MG Tips, it would be smaller and faster to
search.

Can't really help Windows users, I'm afraid. I know Windows isn't
scriptable, but there are plenty of database products... perhaps one of
them has a specific email archiving feature?

James H. Nazarian had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149