Re: It was just an oil change.....

To: Tony Woodruff <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Subject: Re: It was just an oil change.....
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 20:37:53 -0800
Word on the street is that Tony Woodruff said:
> I gave my 67 MGB Roadster it's first oil change (I've only owned it for 4
>weeks) and got it refilled, etc.
> Now it won't start.  When I turn the key to engage the starter it just makes
>ONE click.  That's all.

Turn on the headlights and have someone turn the key.  If the headlights
go out, you don't have enough power to the starter.  They should only
dim slightly.

Or, the starter pinion may have found a "tough spot".  Put the car in
4th and push it a couple of feet, then try again.

Skye

PS: Congrats!  You picked a good year ;)

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)