Re: Shocking behaviour ** OFF TOPIC**

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Shocking behaviour ** OFF TOPIC**
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:18:22 -0000
The shock comes not from the electrical discharge itself, but from the hole
it punches in your skin as it jumps the gap to the metal.  Static was a big
problem when we moved into a new building - touching brass door handles and
the like - until we were advised to carry a bunch of keys and touch the
handles with those first.  We got some lovely sparks and cracks but not
'shocks'.  Eventually they sprayed the carpets with some kind of solution
(literally as well as figuratively).

PaulH.