Re: I've got a "Clunk" noise (71 MGB)

To: <BobMGT@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I've got a "Clunk" noise (71 MGB)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:24:15 -0000
Wire wheels?  Could be worn splines.  In my experience of sticking rear
brakes there is a very definite tendency for the car *not* to move as the
clutch starts biting, followed by a thump and a small lurch when they
release.

Otherwise, what Hans says, plus the splines on the prop-shaft.  As far as
the diff goes you have three input/output nodes, so you will have to lock
two of them while rotating the third to check for play.

PaulH.