I've got a "Clunk" noise (71 MGB)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I've got a "Clunk" noise (71 MGB)
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:39:40 EST
I get an intermittent clunk noise when I start from a stop sign or stop
light. It sounds like it's coming from the right rear somewhere (of course
noises don't always come from where they sound like they're coming). This
noise never occurs when the car is rolling regardless of how I brake,
accelerate, or shift. There's something about coming to a complete stop that
makes this happen, and it doesn't seem to matter how softly or hard I stop
and start. I'm thinking that something might be sticking in the brakes that
releases when the brake drum starts turning again. Any ideas before I start
poking around?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336