Re: Auto Transport Trailer

To: tr6@pipeline.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto Transport Trailer
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:41:12 EST
In a message dated 11/11/99 1:19:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr6@pipeline.com writes:

<< I have aquired an MGB from the Wilmington, Delaware area and want to bring
 it back home to the Chicago area over Thanksgiving weekend. I checked with
 U-Haul and they want $424 dollars to rent a transport trailer which to me
 is unreasonable high just to rent a trailer. I checked with Ryder and they
 won't rent one with out renting a truck of theirs. Does anyone have any
 other suggestions for renting a trailer for a reasonable rate. My tow
 vehicle is a Suburban so I have no problems there. >>

A tow dolly from U-Haul is only $35.00 per day.  I don't know how much it is
for a one way rental, but I'm sure you can BUY a used one for less than
$425.00.  The local U-Haul store here has literally HUNDREDS of them sitting
around.  Call a rental place and see if they have one for sale.

Make sure you drop the driveshaft!  (Or don't, its up to you.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport