Re: Importing an MGB from Canada?

To: niederst@telerama.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Importing an MGB from Canada?
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:22:16 EST
Craig,

Several years ago I had looked into importing an MGA from Canada.  I called
customs to find out about it and if I recall it was not difficult at all.
There was no duty on the car, and nothing needed to be done for DOT.
Basically just needed a bill of sale and then when I got back to Michigan I
would just have to pay the local sales tax.  You might want to check with
customs on anything newer than 25 years to play it safe.

Best regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co., Ltd.
Visit us on the web
www.LBCarCo.com

In a message dated 11/17/99 12:17:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,