GeTting Philosophical (was MGB GT Questions)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GeTting Philosophical (was MGB GT Questions)
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:51:22 -0800
OK, Now I'm feeling guilty about even having a 67 MGB-GT Parts car!  I've been
heading down the track of taking what's useful from it to keep my roadster on
the road.

If anybody in the Northwest wants a what I've been considering a parts car for
restoration (the engine and the rest of the drive train, and the suspension are
intact) contact me privately and we'll need to talk.  It has wire wheels, and
good suspension parts but most of the dash has been pillaged for its gauges and
switches.

At what point is the thing OK to "crush"?  I want to do the right thing, but
I'm a bit torn.

This thing would need a bit of work and expense to get it going, but then again
- 67 was a great year for the MGB.

Feeling guilty,

Tony Woodruff
67 MGB Roadster
67 MGB-GT - unknown future.......

>>> "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net> 11/23/99 8:05:36 AM >>>
Jim,

Don't you dare think about having two more MG's sent to a crusher! Ask a lower
price if they won't sell. Advertise on the net if you haven't already, not just
in Californicate. GT's are very popular in the Great Lakes regions of the US and
Canada.  More of the superb restorations of MG's I have seen in recent years
were
GT's rather than roadsters, and most of those came from Canada.

I think someone else said that GT's were more expensive to restore than a
roadster. In general I have seen no difference. The specific coasts will vary
from car to car regardless of the GT vs. Roadster question. If one thinks a
headliner is difficult to install, they should try a soft top. Because of
protection from sunlight, a GT interior tends to be in better condition than a
roadster under similar lifestyles. Finally, I recall someone cautioning about
rust in the hatch of a GT: I have several GT's from the salt/rust belt, and can
attest that in at least one very bad case, a '74 , the hatch door was the only
part that was not rusty.

I'm not prejudice mind you, but my son said it best: everyone should own at
least
one of each. But no one should ever send one to the crusher.

Jim